A parenting plan is a wonderful tool that can help ease the pain, confusion and anxiety of divorce or separation situations. Making a parenting plan on your own without help can be difficult and overwhelming. There are, fortunately, parenting plan templates that can help you make an effective parenting plan.
Templates for parenting plans come in several different styles that help make shared parenting much easier and much more effective. While some parenting plan templates are generic and of basic design, there are some more detailed parenting plan templates that guide you step by step.
An effective parenting plan is essential for making divorce and child custody situations less stressful and better overall. Parenting plan templates make it much more simple to develop a parenting plan.
As you explore your options with templates for your parenting plan, keep in mind the things that will benefit your situation the most. A good parenting plan template should have sections for:
- the child’s medical and educational information, as well as any special needs;
- which parent is primarily responsible for the child’s residence and care or custody has been divided;
- financial and child support information;
- a schedule for regular visitation, as well as how holidays and vacations are divided;
- how and which social events and doctor appointments are split between parents;
- resolutions for possible disputes between parents; and
- any other important documents or information specific to your child.
As you search for a parenting plan template and as you create a parenting plan that works, it is important to keep in mind the reason you are creating a parenting plan: your child. Your child’s well-being, health and welfare should always be your first priority.
Having a working parenting plan is important not only for both parents to know how custody and visitation is divided, but also to have for mediation or custody hearings so a mediator or judge can see how your child is being cared for.
Whether you know how make your own or you need help creating a parenting plan, there are many different kinds of templates and examples of parenting plans you can utilize to help you develop an effective parenting plan. Find a parenting plan template that works for you, your child’s other parent and, most importantly, your child. Custody X Change can help you create a great parenting plan with their parenting plan templates.